Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Flight Back:



Well my flight back home was boring and uneventful, just the way I like it! One way I can tell I'm in America; other than the hordes of "foreigners" walking around; is by how ugly the flight attendants become.. One moment I'm in blissful heaven being catered to by tall, nice complexioned young sirens working for that Airlines of Airlines Cathay Pacific, the next I'm being handed crappy peanuts by some old behemoth on American Airlines.. I mean "Ngheee", the "women" and I use the term loosely working for American Airlines had manish haircuts and build, and reminded me of Roz from Nightcourt, its like any bum off the street can just stroll up and become a flight attendant in this country! It's a bit of a shock to go from Statuesque Idealized looking oriental women to Ross from Nightcourt.. Just another example of Unions run amok.. Please DeUnionize the United States Flight Attendants, for the love of God., go Cathay and Eva Airlines! I mean, seriously would you rather fly Northwest or Cathay? or Eva?? It's a no brainer.

No Erik Estradas on my plane this time! Well Im in Dallas Fort Worth Airport, using a comp at the Gate, I'm very bored and paying .25 cents a min to blog, which is like 13.2 pesos per min, that sux this is no Netopia that's for sure I miss Netopia I pay like two dollars and hang out for 2 hours. Yes Im still converting dollars to pesos, I just spent 300 psos for a mcgriddle and a cup of coffee! That's bs, I could have gotten a burger and spaghetti meal with unlimited Iced Tea at Jolibee! Then I spent 200 Pesos on a coin operated massager, which is painful, especially since I could have gotten a full body massage at that Thai place in SM! Urggh reality is hitting me here, and I can't convince some person to give me a massage for 10 bucks I have to settle for coin operated ones.

I feel weird being almost home, I was starting to enjoy my vac and coming around from the culture shock when suddenly I have to jump on some plane and get my ass home, my karaoke voice was starting to come around too! I spent my precious last few hours in Cebu delivering pizza and chocolate to an office building near Ayala, lol, not what I imagined I'd be doing but I'm not a total sap, there was at least some good looking girls there, my perpetually hungry pregnant cousin and one old lady, I think she's a nurse, I wonder if she's single??? Probably not perish the thought, its surprising that with the two million tranvestites frolicking around Cebu City that there aren't any single girls in Cebu! I've only met a few, but they have "textmates" which apparently is some person you send barely sensible messages to like "Vre, cst 25 to Mol," "Tre r no tlt ppr n da CR" My Text Messaging skills are slightly below my Badminton skills which is to say not very good, the TextWizzes in Cebu can sing Karaoke, and Txt somebody at the same time while not even breaking tune and being completely understandble to their txtmates! I've seen in happen! Even the Vhire Drivers Txts and deftly avoids pedecabs and jeepneys with ease.

I think one month is not enough in the Phils, just when ur bisaya accent becomes less alien enough to the point where Taxi Drivers and Pedecab drivers aren't trying to rip u off every time you ride, you have to head back home. I was genuinely sad, leaving Cebu on Friday, I think another 3 weeks would have been close to perfect. Anyways, this comp port is eating up my bills, lol, I have two more hours in this stupid airport, which is cold as hell by the way....

Well, no more Orange Brutus, no more cheap Karaoke, cheap internet access, and roadside barbeques, I'm going to miss that cute Teddy Bear Vendor in Ayala, I won't miss the Koreans though, good God the Koreans in the US are cool what's up with the ones in Cebu.. but at least I have my car to look forward too, I'm going to drive the hell out of my car this weekend and drink a 12% belgian beer!

No comments: