Friday, July 25, 2008

Ask the Chinese Guy:



Fridays; are supposed to be days of joy, where we can look forward to having an Ice Cold In Bev beverage and parking our rears on a lawn chair for the upcoming weekend. Well not if you're in the Mortgage Industry, now every Friday I log on to my peoplesoft account and cross my fingers hoping I'm still actually employed! If you get an error when you enter in your I.D and Password, be afraid, be very very afraid. All the life from this industry has been sucked out and I wouldn't be surprised if our own office space is put into foreclosure. I was spared the hangman's noose this Friday, but I wasn't spared the Corporate Manager Birthday Party were we clap our hands and try to sound sincere when we sing Happy Birthday. I don't wish anybody ill will or anything, but I mean I'm so unmotivated to celebrate anything anymore.

The cake was delicious and since there are so few of us left; I actually got a big slice of the German Chocolate Cake, slathered with the thickest swath of rich brown chocolate I have ever seen. So we're eating this cake, chatting on about something, I dunno I wasn't really paying attention. Then for some reason the table conversation turned to China, and about how many kids the Chinese are allowed to have, some said two, some said as many as you want, others piped in about what they do with the girls because apparently nobody wants to give birth to girls in China. That's when everybody turns to look at me! Like I'm some expert on freaking China or something, "I'm like I don't fucking know!" well that's what I wanted to say, unfortunately I am knowledgeable in general. Like people ask me to pronounce Asian names all the time, because I'm Filipino! Don't they know, Filipinos are like freaking Mexicans, might as well ask Pedro Sanchez over at the laundry mat to pronounce the name Xiang Li Wang for you. But again, I'm cursed with just knowing useless bits of information and I am aware of China's One Child Policy; including how much of it just mythology but at the same time true.

I just know shit, ok, it actually doesn't have anything to do with me being Asian.... grrr... Well that's my rant for today and have a good weekend.

No comments: