Friday, July 18, 2008

Pirate Pinoy

I spent yet another Friday night at Regina's Filipino Restaurant., I keep hoping to run into the pinay of my dream wailing away at the restaurant karaoke microphone, yet sadly this has not come to past. I opted not to drink tonight, having drunk myself to a stupor the last couple of days, instead I ordered bottled water before digging into the menu. I ordered pork kabobs, calamari, and my favorite at Regina's, Hot Spicy Sisig. I don't know if Fil-Am sisig is the same as RP sisig, I can't visualize the restaurants here actually cooking the face of a pig, yet there's that distinctive tangy taste to the meat to suggest that it might just be made from the face. Some of the usual Friday Nighters weren't there, like the women who danced in front of the mirror so they could look at themselves gyrating while their old sexpat husbands snored blissfully on their stools. This guy, I can only refer to as the "Pinoy Pirate" was there again. First time I saw him, I thought Pirate! He has a skull bandana on, striped sleeveless shirt, hoop ear rings, and a bushy black beard. I mean how could you not notice that you're dressed exactly like an extra on the Black Pearl. If it weren't for the prison style tattoos on his bare arms, I'd run over them and tell him that "You're not a Pirate!!!" and maybe nail him with a dodge ball.

No comments: