Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flying Cathay



I've always had a fascination with Cathay Pacific; I realize it's just an airline but there is a subtle grace that stands her apart from many of the clumsy airliners that take to the sky like chickens imitating the long flight of a crane. I laugh at myself sometimes because I watched this program called The Persuaders where a Marketing Firm tried to entice people to fly Song Airlines. The marketing campaign was supposed to convince the audience that flying Song Airlines was a way of life, rather than just a mode of transportation. I don't know if I was a victim of a shrewd marketing strategist from Cathay or the airlines is really just that good.

The food is more robust, and full of flavor especially on board those agonizing cross pacific flights that leave a traveler drained. A bevy of statuesque beauties cater to your needs during the half day journey, a ready smile on their faces even as the strain of the flight begins to wear them down. I really can't imagine traveling back to Asia, on another carrier, I've tried Philippine Airlines but I never feel that same amount of ease.

No comments: