Monday, July 14, 2008

Tennis in Fading Light


Well it wasn't exactly Wimbledon 2008, but I love this picture. The afternoon sun fades to dusk mirroring the gloom of this year's SW19 tournament finals, and the expression on the subject's face as she "attempts", keyword being attempt, to strike the ball with a forehand, is priceless. Every single subject always shows a different visage as the racket makes contact with the ball, I seem to have a childish grin on my face, other's a look of serenity or ferocious concentration, she looks she's swatting a giant bug that she doesn't want to look at to closely.

Whenever I want to buy an item, that I probably don't need, I always have something stupid in mind that I want to do with it above anything else. When I was thinking about purchasing a Canon DSLR, I thought about taking pictures while playing tennis, don't ask me why, I guess I was always fascinated by those photos of pro tennis players, their enormous racket speeds stopped in time by a well taken photo.

No comments: